Difficulty level: medium hard
What you’ll need:
- Pen or marker
- White nail polish
- Clear base coat
- Clear top coat
- 1 to 2 layers of base coat to help protect your nails and make it easier for the polish to be removed.
- Once that’s done drying add one coat of white nail polish (I used Sally Hansen hard as nails in White On)
Wait to dry, then
- Use the pen to trace out the shape of your nails in the newspaper
*Make sure to do them a little larger than your nail so when you cut it out it fits your nail
- Cut out all 10 nail newspaper coverings
The cut-outs won’t be perfect so while your nails are dry shape the cut-outs to your nails and lay them out flat.
Now you’re ready to apply (!!!)
- Paint a thin coat of top coat on your nail (so the newspaper has something to stick to) and then take one of your cut-outs and press it on
- It’s ok to move it around, make sure you can get the best fit possible!
- Once you’ve got it semi-set, press and hold for 10 seconds or until all the air bubbles from underneath are gone.
- Do not put your top coat on right after doing this!
- Wait until you have all of your newspaper cut-outs secured on your nails and then do the top coat.
For maximum shine
- Do 2 to 3 layers of top coat (the newspaper will absorb some of the top coat so you need to put more on than you normally would)
- Make sure each coat has good time to dry!
Aaaand you’re done! This took me about an hour to do, but that might just be because I’m slow. Enjoy!
For the more advanced or pyros out there:
I accidently burned the top of my thumb (as you can see in the picture) and it looks really cool in person! Also when I burned it, all that burned was the nail polish, so it didn’t hurt. So if you want to go for a more bad ass look I suggest slightly burning the tips of the nails, NOT your fingers. This only burns the newspaper and creates a really cool and unique effect!